In the summer time, I’m somewhat obsessed with going to the pool. Any day the sun is out, I want to be laying out in the sunshine, sipping on a cocktail and reading a good book. Throw in some cute pool accessories, and my day is made. To help you experience ultimate pool day, I’ve put together five of my 5 summer pool essentials below!
• Drink floaties: Why hold your own drink when it can float in the pool?! Drink floaties may be some of my favorite pool day accessories since they are so simple to inflate and super fun to use. ban.do now makes their own line of mini floaties, and they come in either round pink +yellow stripes or bright red hearts. And if you’re going to have a drink by the pool, you should probably be sipping out of a pink party straw, too.
• Canned rosé: Judging by the number of canned wines that are popping up in stores, I think it’s safe to say I’m not the only one that thinks portable rosé is a summer pool essential. Winc is currently selling these adorable Ruza rosé cans for the summer, and I think they make for the perfect poolside beverage. If you’re in the mood for a cocktail instead, my Tropical Guava Rum Punch recipe is pretty and pink, too.
• Fresh snacks: Snacks are definitely a pool necessity, and they’re even better when they’re colorful! A plate of fresh tropical fruit pairs perfectly with a can of fizzy rosé and leaves you feeling hydrated, which is a plus. Strawberry papayas are my new fav, too since they are small and such a vibrant color inside.
• A good book: One of the best ways to pass the time in the sun is with a good book in hand. Some of my favorites I’ve read recently include Sweetbitter, The Regulars, A Game for All the Family, and The Girls.
• A killer playlist: I’m not sure about you, but having music by the pool makes me feel like I’m on vacation. I personally love my Bose Soundlink bluetooth speaker since it’s portable and has a concentrated enough volume so it doesn’t disturb other people nearby. Bob Marley or a Chainsmokers Spotify station has definitely been the go-to playlists for the weekends lately!
Hope you enjoyed these fun pool day tips! + thanks to ban.do for the fun pool day goodies!